It is always fun to see the great lengths that people go to when expressing their love for someone on Valentine’s Day. The flowers, dinners and special attire are always a delight to see.
Most of my life I have enjoyed Valentine’s Day alone or with friends. It has been an excuse to have a dinner party, treat myself or others to flowers and send anonymous packages. This year, I thought it want to try something different, I would like to perform random acts of kindness to show love because everyone could use a little love and kindness.
So I created a list of 14 ways to show love to someone today. I’m going to do most of these over this week and I hope you do also. It’s a great excuse to be kind.
14 ways to show love this Valentine’s Day
- Greet someone with a hug
- Smile at a stranger then nod or say hello
- Find 1 thing to compliment about a stranger’s appearance (ex. cool glasses! or What a great jacket you have on!)
- Drop an encouraging note in a colleague’s mailbox anonymously
- Post a compliment on someone’s social media page or website.
- Share a meal with someone
- Ask someone how they are doing and stop to listen
- Donate fairly used clothing or toys to a local charity or donation center
- Write compliment cards and send or hand them to someone. See how to make them Here.
- Give someone a hi-5 for doing a great job.
- Publically praise or affirm someone’s character or work.
- Call someone you love and tell them..” I love you”
- When driving, let another car merge in front of you or stop at the crosswalk when you see a pedestrian waiting to cross
- Hold the door open for someone walking behind you or hold the elevator door open for someone approaching.
- Sign Up to Donate blood Here
- Become an organ donor Here
- Send Cards to Soldiers or their families Here
- Become a Volunteer or mentor to Kids Here
Hugs and Hi-5s,
*Ideas 11-15 are courtesy of bradaronson.com